LIVE: Milltown: Assisted Living Scheme (Apartments & Bungalows)
MC Group and Thermohouse Ltd are very excited to announce the commencement of the latest phase of our low energy housing development located at Ard Na Greine, Milltown, County Kerry. These, social housing units comprising of 28 apartments and 16 bungalows are in partnership with Clúid Housing and using our innovative building system will ensure rapid build delivery of these A rated homes by early 2025.
This is to be a centrally managed scheme by Clann specifically for occupation by older persons/people with disability/supported living needs. This development will further our commitment to a sustainable building future
The Thermohouse Solution
Thermohouse was chosen for this development based on a rigorous selection criteria based on the following:
- nZEB compliant: energy requirement = 45kWh/m²/yr (A2 Rating)
- Substantially reduced building time – up to 60%
- Superior structural strength – 60-year guarantee
- Superior sound proofing
- Reduced requirement for labour, tools and equipment
- Excellent airtightness – values as low as 0.4 m3/hr/m2
These low energy houses will also help to combat fuel poverty for the tenants of Clúid Housing.