Are you a Developer looking to build energy efficient housing?
Thermohouse offers a complete energy efficient system – walls, floors and roof. The Thermohouse system is a quick and efficient method of construction due its lightweight, modular nature. Our system enables you to achieve or surpass the building regulations with ease.
Challenges for Developers
In Ireland, there are 4 major challenges facing the developer:
- Meeting building regulations
- Cost of construction
- Availability of skilled labour
- Inability to meet the annual housing demand
Thermohouse can deliver the following:
- Buildings that can easily meet and exceed current building regulations, including NZEB
- A competitive, complete building system – walls, floors and roof
- An easy to assemble modular system build
- A rapid building system
Speed of build
Exceptional energy efficiency
Easy to transport and even easier to assemble
Irish Building Regulations – Part L
The Thermohouse system exceeds Part L of the Irish building regulations, which outlines requirements for the conservation of fuel and energy in a home/building. It is of vital importance when self-building a house that standard legal requirements are met particularly for the home to be valued properly.
The U Values met by the Thermohouse system elements are outlined below:
|Component||Part L Requirement||Thermohouse|
|Walls||0.18 W/m2K||0.15 – 0.10 W/m2K|
|Floor||0.18 W/m2K||0.18 – 0.12 W/m2K|
|Roof||0.16 W/m2K||0.15 W/m2K|
|Airtightness||<5 m3/hr/m2||<1 m3/hr/m2|